Freitag, 3. Januar 2014

My 2013 In Music

-->
I guess I’m a little late with this review of my personal “2013 in music”. But as it has been specifically requested (even if only by one person and I’m also not quite sure he really meant it), I decided to deliver. Better late than never et cetera.

So what did 2013 have to offer to me – music wise? There have been a few great indie releases, for example by Cold War Kids, Everything Everything, Foals, Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire. At the same time I’ve been a little (or even quite a bit) disappointed by Phoenix and The Strokes. Also I have been kind of addicted to powerful electronic pop – often London based – by AlunaGeorge, Disclosure, S O H N, Banks or Chrvches. Generally it seems that most of the music I loved in 2013 has been British – like King Krule, James Blake, Tom Odell, Bear’s Den or Daughter. But that might actually be due to the fact that I’ve become a great fan of the BBC 6 Playlists on Spotify … Still the artist that inspired me the most this year has probably been the German hip hop poet and philosopher Käptn Peng.

Below you find most of my favourite songs of 2013. For 2014 – like every year – I only have two modest wishes: the comeback of Jamie T. and Ben Howard returning to Haldern. 

Keine Kommentare: